Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Defining Awesome

awe·some/ˈôsəm/Adjective

1. Extremely impressive or daunting; inspiring great admiration, apprehension, or fear.
2. Extremely good; excellent.

I feel that awesome really get thrown around a bit to much in our day to day jargon e.g. "this ham sandwich is awesome" or "man that lecture on photosynthesis was awesome". In this blog I want to post things that I find truly awesome. There are many things that fall into the definition of awesome: These things may make me laugh, things that make me stop and stare for a bit, or even things that put a little lump in my throat (not the same as crying; after all, I am a man).

I know that you are probably thinking, "Hey Eric, isn't awesomeness subjective?" To that I would respond "It sure is, person who may or may not know what subjective is. I want to show what puts me in awe and see what everyone else thinks". So enjoy, or don't it is really up to you to decide if the blog is awesome or not.

3 comments:

Jonathan and Audra said...

I'm so excited you have a blog! As a person who once despised you, I can honestly say you are now one of the most awesome people I know (and guess what, I even know what subjective means, and this is not a subjective opinion).
Also, thanks for sharing that beautiful video from Vancouver. I have wanted to visit there since we were in high school. Sigh, someday.
Anyway, I look forward to more posts!

Eric said...

Thanks so much Audra. After watching that video I want to go to Vancouver too. How have you guys been anyway and where are you all in the world these days?

Jonathan and Audra said...

The mountains of North Carolina (to be said with a southern twang). But, Jonathan is working at BYU this summer so we'll be out there for a couple months starting next week. It would make my day to have you and Liz over for dinner one night! I'll be in touch.